TERMS & CONDITIONS
DO THESE TERMS APPLY TO ME?
By using our site and/or by placing an order with us, you are deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and any and all policies referred to and incorporated herein. By clicking ticking the box to accept these terms when making your order via our Site, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Neither submitting an electronic order form or completing the checkout process constitutes our acceptance of your order.
WHAT IF I DON’T AGREE TO THESE TERMS?
If there is anything that you don’t agree with or want to be committed to in these Terms and Conditions, then you should not use The Website or place any orders through it.
WHAT DO THESE TERMS COVER?
- Who we are
- A description of our services
- Accessing our services
- Creating an Account
- Restrictions on your use of your Account
- Choosing Products to Order (Product Specifications, Substitute Products and Measuring Guidance)
- Pricing Information, Pricing Errors and our Price Promise
- Availability of our stock, estimated delivery dates
- Important terms for bespoke or customised products
- Placing your order
- Order Acknowledgement and Order Acceptance by us
- Paying for your order
- Order Cancellations (statutory right to cancel for UK residents)
- Our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Cancellation of Bespoke Goods
- Deleting your account
- Customer Complaints
- All of the legal disclaimers, warranties, indemnities and important legal provisions
- Offers Featured in Publications
- Generic Competition Terms & Conditions
CAN YOU, CHIC DESIGNS, CHANGE THESE TERMS?
1. WHO OWNS THE SITE?
This website is an online retail division of Chic Designs Living LTD("Us/We/Our").
Our registered company number is TBC and our registered office is Unit C19 Maws Craft Centre, Jackfield, Ironbridge, TF8 7LS
2. WHAT SERVICES DO CHIC DESIGNS PROVIDE ME THROUGH THIS SITE?
We provide an online retail environment through our websites and mobile applications enabling you to purchase furniture, soft furnishings, fabric, home décor, home accessories etc.
3. HOW CAN I ACCESS CHICDESIGNS.CO.UK?
You can access the Services in the following ways, and by website visits or mobile applications:
- By visiting as a guest without making a purchase (“Guest”)
- By placing an order and creating an account (“Customer”)
Any reference in these terms to You, means you as a Guest or as a Customer.
4. HOW DO I CREATE AN ACCOUNT?
When you submit an order you will be prompted to create an account with us. You must be 18 years or older to create an account. If you are creating an account on behalf of a commercial entity you warrant that you have capacity to bind that entity.
4.1 ARE MY ACCOUNT LOGIN DETAILS SAFE?
You agree that you are responsible for keeping your screen name and password for your account secret. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for third party access to your account that results from sharing your login or other account details or personal information by you or the theft or misappropriation of your screen name and password. We reserve the right to suspend your access to the Services or terminate your account if we suspect an unauthorised person is attempting to access it.
4.2 WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT ABOUT ME AND MY ACCOUNT?
We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your log in details or any other such information, please contact our Customer Service team on email@example.com
5. WHAT OBLIGATIONS DO I HAVE? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON HOW I USE THE SITE?
5.1 YOU ONLY ALLOW ME TO USE THE SITE FOR PERSONAL USE DON’T YOU?
Yes, your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorise others to use your account or attempt to use another member’s account without first obtaining their consent. You must not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
You are solely responsible for you own actions and those of anyone using your account, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you or anyone using your account, submits on your behalf; and (ii) the information and content you or anyone using your account posts, transmits, publishes, or otherwise makes available through the Services.
You warrant that all goods ordered by you are for your own personal and domestic use and are not for re-sale, distribution or any other commercial use of a similar nature. The products sold by us are provided for private domestic and consumer use only.
We have selected our products on the basis that they will be used for domestic use only, if you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by the appropriate insurance. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud).
In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition.
5.2 AS A CUSTOMER, WHAT IMPORTANT PROMISES DO I NEED TO MAKE TO OLIVIA'S?
When you visit this Site and/or submit an order you warrant and represent that you:
- Are over 18 years old;
- are using a payment card (credit or debit card) that is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered;
- Have provided all the information requested to submit an order;
- Only provided information that is truthful, complete, accurate and up to date;
- Will use the Site in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs of the country in which you live;
- Are fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account whether by yourself or any other person using your account.
You further warrant and represent that you will not:
- access or use the Services from any place or jurisdiction where such use is prohibited or contrary to applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs of your jurisdiction, of the United Kingdom, of Australia or of the United States of America;
- impersonate or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- provide any information including payment card details that are misleading or fraudulent;
- interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Services or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services;
- access data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access;
- attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach the security or authentication measures of the site without proper authorization;
- attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Services, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing” or “crashing” or otherwise attempting to deny service to the Site or the server of any user;
6. CHOOSING PRODUCTS TO ORDER.
Prior to submitting an order with us, you should review these important terms.
6.1 ARE THE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS ACCURATE? WHAT IF THEY ARE NOT?
All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
Sometimes the product specifications from the manufacturer may change, in which case we will do our best to offer you a similar alternative. We may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may therefore supply a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price. If you are not happy with the replacement or substitute you can reject it in favour of a full refund. Where applicable, you may cancel your order in accordance with your rights under the consumer regulations.
Our products are displayed as clearly as possible throughout our website to give you as much information as we have about each product. If you need further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help.
6.2 HOW DO I KNOW THE SIZES WILL FIT IN MY HOME?
Please review our Measuring Advice guidance before placing an order as it contains important information you should consider and any waivers by us contained within the guidance are incorporated herein. Reviewing our Measuring Advice is critical if you are ordering a bespoke product. If you need further advice or have any other questions about a product, email us at email@example.com
7. PRICING INFORMATION
7.1 HOW ARE PRICES DISPLAYED WHEN I’M ORDERING?
All prices are shown in £s sterling and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise (see our Delivery Policy for further details including Express delivery charges).
7.2 WHAT IF THERE’S A MISTAKE WITH THE PRICE AND THERE’S A PRICING ERROR?
Although the price you pay is the price displayed on the Site at the time we receive your order, there may be circumstances within or out with our control which results in the wrong price being displayed to you.
In such cases, if we discover an error in the price of goods ordered by you, we will inform you as soon as possible after you submit your order and provide you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you choose to cancel and have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
7.3 WHAT IS CHIC DESIGNS PRICE PROMISE?
We aim to bring you unrivalled collections of designer furniture, home wares and accessories at excellent value and with first class customer service. To ensure you are always getting the finest quality products at the best possible price, we constantly check our prices against other online retailers to make sure we remain highly competitive. However, if you find one of our products cheaper elsewhere online, sold by approved stockists in a similar environment, we will match that price, in accordance with our terms.
If you do find one of our products cheaper elsewhere please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to be able to price match a product the item must be identical, from the same manufacturer and the same size and colour. The retailer must also be an approved or licensed supplier and sell through a bona fide website. The item must also be available for delivery within the same timescales as ours and be delivered via the courier network. If these conditions apply and the total cost, including delivery and any other charges, is lower than ours we will price match this price.
The availability of our Price Promise, and terms applying to our Price Promise, may change at any time. Please review our Price Promise Policy for full update to date details of our Price Promise, the terms of which are incorporated herein and in the event of any conflict, take precedence over these Terms.
8. STOCK AND ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES
8.1 ARE ALL THE GOODS ON THE SITE IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE?
We work in much the same way as a department store – many of our products are held in stock in our warehouse and available for fast dispatch. Some larger items including some furniture, lighting and more specialist pieces, we order these in for you and may take longer to despatch.
In the event that an item is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of the delay as soon as possible, keep you regularly informed of the progress and dispatch it as soon as it arrives. Occasionally items will be more popular than expected and may sell out. Parts of our collection are also seasonal and therefore towards the end of season products may become unavailable or discontinued. We will contact you as soon as possible if we discover any possible delays to your order and offer you an alternative date or if that is not suitable, a full refund.
8.2 WHAT ARE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES?
We partner with a variety of courier and carrier services and will select the most appropriate service for your order. However much as we try, sometimes due to circumstances out of our control, (e.g. poor weather or international holidays or delays during peak periods with the couriers) dates quoted for delivery can only be estimated delivery dates and may be subject to change depending on the carrier network.
This doesn't happen often, but it is possible. In these circumstances, we cannot accept liability for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) for deliveries made out with the estimated date of delivery.
9. BESPOKE PRODUCTS - IMPORTANT TERMS
9.1. WHAT ABOUT DELIVERING BESPOKE PRODUCTS?
Our collections include a variety of bespoke products such as (but not exclusively) headboards or sofas that are made to order specifically for you in your chosen materials or dimensions. Delivery of these items will generally be agreed with you prior to ordering. From time to time, textiles or materials that make up our bespoke products may be out of stock with our manufacturers and this may lead to a delay in the estimated manufacture times. Should this be the case, it is our policy to notify you of the delay as soon as possible, keep you regularly informed of the progress and dispatch it as soon as it arrives.
9.2 HOW DO I CANCEL A BESPOKE ORDER? CAN I RETURN BESPOKE ITEMS?
By placing an order for a non-standard, customised or special order product with us, you are deemed to have considered all these factors and any others that might affect the order, and accept that you are entirely satisfied that it is the correct product for you. You will not be able to change the order once the item has been entered into production.
You can’t cancel a bespoke order. If you change your mind you need to be aware of our returns policy for bespoke items. Please ensure that you read and understand the conditions that apply to the sale of customised products as noted in our cancellation provisions below, and our Returns Policy, prior to purchasing.
10. HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER ON SITE?
Our order processing system is completed in the following steps:
You select your products on our website where you will be guided through a simple purchasing sequence.
- You place your order with us, via the website by clicking on the “confirm order” button, once you have checked and agreed your order at the checkout.
- Your credit/debit card will be authorised when your order is placed and processed. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will then send to you an order acknowledgement email confirming the products you have ordered - this is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from us at this stage, it is a reminder for you of what has been processed through our system. If there are any problems with this acknowledgement, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Your order will then be processed in our warehouse within 24 hours and shipped from there for delivery to you within approximately 3-7 working days (3-6 weeks for larger items).
- After dispatch, we will send you a final order confirmation email. Where our couriers have an order tracking facility we will provide that information to you.
Title to any products you order on this website shall pass to you on the delivery of the products provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
11. ORDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
11.1 WHAT IS AN “ORDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT”?
Once you have placed an order, the ‘confirmation’ stage will set out the final details of your order. We will send you an acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not a confirmation that your offer to purchase the goods has been accepted, but confirmation from us to you of your request. At this stage, your credit or debit card will be debited. You will receive a second email when the goods have been dispatched from our warehouse or are with our courier.
11.2 WHEN DO YOU ACCEPT MY ORDER? IS THAT WHEN MY CONTRACT WITH YOU IS FORMED?
Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on despatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you/we have cancelled it.
Occasionally we may need to notify you that we cannot accept your order at which time we will credit any payments made in full. Reasons for non-acceptance of orders include (but are not limited to):
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You do not meet the criteria set out in these Terms, or you have breached these Terms.
12. PAYING FOR YOUR ORDER
12.1 WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE ACCEPTED?
We accept online payment in an encrypted and secure environment by credit card. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Maestro, Switch, American Express and Paypal.
12.2 WHAT CURRENCY IS DISPLAYED ON THE SITE? DO YOU INCLUDE TAXES AND CUSTOMS DUTIES?
All prices quoted on our website are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate. All transactions are made in GBP pounds sterling (£).
Throughout the check-out process, the cost of your purchase will be shown in your chosen currency, until the final step before making a payment, when we will show you the exact GBP equivalent that will be charged to your card.
International credit card providers or banks out with the UK will determine their own exchange rates and might also add an additional processing or administration charge that the card holder will be liable to pay. We do not have any control over these exchange rates or charges and our advice would be to check with your bank if you are unsure about exchange rates prior to making a purchase.
If your order is being despatched to a destination outside the European Union (EU) then your sales tax will be zero. If your order is being sent to a member state of the EU then the selling price will include VAT at the current rate.
Any customs or import duties levied once the package reaches your destination country will be your responsibility as we have no control over these charges and are not able to predict them. For more information please read our International Shipping page.
12.3 DO YOU USE 3D SECURE / VERIFIED BY VISA / MASTERCARD SECURECODE FOR CARD SECURITY?
As we are committed to providing the most advanced security features, we support the "MasterCard® SecureCode™" or "Verified by Visa" security service. Click on the brand logos below to learn more. Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode are an additional layer of security, applied by your bank, to your credit card to prevent fraudulent use.
12.4 I THINK YOU’VE TAKEN THE WRONG AMOUNT FROM MY CARD, WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THAT?
In the event that you disagree with any charge made to your account, you agree to contact us with a view to resolving the dispute prior to making a formal notification to your credit card company. You must contact us either by email or telephone, stating your reasons for dispute of the charge. This will enable us to accurately and promptly assess your complaint and, where justified, credit your card with the disputed amount in a timely manner to avoid any further inconvenience to you.
Please refer to our UK Delivery and International Delivery Policies which clearly explain our delivery terms, and both policies (and the terms included in them) are expressly incorporated herein. We may not deliver to all countries, please ensure we deliver to your country before attempting to place an order.
We wish to draw your attention to some important terms regarding delivery:
- The risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
- Whilst we will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on our Website, we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by any late delivery or failure to deliver within the estimated timescales. Please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible if you do not receive your goods within the expected time. We will endeavour to get your goods to you as soon as possible or you may cancel your order. You will be refunded once the goods have been returned to us in line with our Returns Policy or classified as lost by the Carrier company.
- We will attempt to deliver your order to the delivery address stated on your order form. If products are returned to us as undeliverable either because of an incorrect address or because of customer failure to contact the courier company or collect the goods from the depot where requested, we will refund the price of the products less delivery costs incurred by us in sending out the goods plus any additional costs charged to us by the courier company for returning the goods to us.
- Once an order has been despatched and assigned for delivery, unfortunately, it cannot be amended or cancelled.
14.1. CAN I RETURN A STANDARD PRODUCT?
Please refer to our Returns Policy which clearly explains our Returns terms, and is expressly incorporated herein.
We wish to draw your attention to some important terms relating to Returns:
Even if there is no legal right to a refund or exchange, we offer you the ability to return unused goods in their original packaging, upon proof of purchase, within thirty (30) days of receipt (30 Day Guarantee). Simply contact us within 14 days of receiving the goods by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of your intention to return.
We work hard to make sure that the description and specification of our products are correct and accurate as possible. However, specifications and descriptions of products on this Website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products. While the colour reproduction, material description and dimensions of the products are a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in size or material nor colour caused by the browser software, monitor colour contrasts or computer system used by you – that said we do have a great refund policy and as long as you return your goods to us in line with our Returns Policy(which is incorporated within these Conditions) you will receive your money back.
When you receive goods that require assembly, prior to installing, it is very important that you check the instructions and any parts list to ensure that you have all the relevant parts and that you can fit the product in strict accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. We cannot refund products that have been wrongly fitted or be responsible for any consequences of mis-fitting our products. We strongly recommend that you employ only qualified and experienced joiners and electricians to install our products.
14.2 CAN I RETURN A BESPOKE ITEM?
Our 30 Day Guarantee does not apply to non-standard, customised or special order product (see Returns Policy for full details) nor to cut by the meter wallpaper or fabric. Where you have ordered and received a non-standard, customised or special order product (e.g. large furniture item, headboard, sofa, chair in your own choice of fabric and size) or goods that have been confirmed to you as non-standard, customised or special order, we cannot extend our Returns Policy or 30 day money back guarantee to such items unless faulty.
You are able to return these goods for a refund, however, in such cases we charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the order price as well as 100% of all delivery costs incurred. This is due to the fact that they are made as individual pieces to order, under your instruction and it is unlikely that we can sell it to another customer at full price, therefore it cannot be re-stocked.
Cut by the meter wallpaper and fabric does not fall under our 30-day money back guarantee however you are able to return these goods for a refund, with a cancellation fee of 50% of the order price as well as 100% of all delivery costs incurred.
14.3 CAN I RETURN FAULTY GOODS?
Nothing within our Returns Policy seeks to limit or otherwise affect your statutory rights including the cancellation rights for UK Customers (described below).
If the product is found to be damaged or faulty then our standard returns policy in relation to damaged or faulty goods will apply.
In the event that you receive your order in a faulty or damaged condition, (including customised products) please contact us within 48 hours by email at email@example.com and we will make the necessary arrangements to collect the damaged/faulty goods.
We will ask you to email a photograph of the damage and complete a short questionnaire as part of our quality assurance checks.
Please note it is critical that you keep all the original packaging and repack the item with care. Our courier will make the collection, and upon inspection at our warehouse, a refund, or replacement sent at our expense, will be arranged.
Our approach to the WEEE Regulations and Recycling is detailed in our Returns Policy.
15. I LIVE IN THE UK, WHAT IS MY STATUTORY CANCELLATION RIGHT?
Under the United Kingdom Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if you are resident within UK, you can cancel your order within 14 days after receiving your goods (or, if your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period begins from the day you receive the last item of your order).
After the goods have been returned to us, or you have provided proof of having returned the goods (e.g. proof of postage receipt), whichever is sooner, you will receive a refund within 14 days. If the goods are not in the original ordered condition, we have the right to deduct a relevant amount from any refund.
In addition to a refund for the costs of goods ordered from us, we are also required to refund you any basic delivery costs. If you ordered the goods and selected an enhanced delivery service e.g. next day delivery, we are under no obligation to refund this cost to you, and any refund will be at our discretion.
This cancellation right does not apply to bespoke or personalised goods.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel on the basis of this statutory right.
16. WHAT IS THE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE?
Notwithstanding the legal rights of our UK Customers above, we offer all Customers a 30-day money back guarantee which is detailed in our Returns Policy here. This 30 Day Money Back Guarantee does not apply to bespoke goods, unless the item is faulty (see below).
If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com
Where goods have already been despatched, they must be returned in line with our Returns Policy which forms part of these Conditions. Within 30 days of us receiving the goods as described, we will credit you with the purchase price less any delivery and handling charges that may be applicable within 30 days.
17. CAN I CANCEL MY ORDER FOR BESPOKE ITEMS?
Orders cannot be cancelled for bespoke items. They may only be returned if fault, as provided for in section 14 of these Terms and in our Returns Policy.
18. I DON’T WANT TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT ANYMORE; HOW DO I DELETE IT?
We will be sorry to see you go! However, you may delete any account you have opened when submitting an order any time after any active order has been delivered. To close your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason (including if you fail to pay any amount due or we become aware of any breach of these Terms). We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion.
19. I’VE GOT A COMPLAINT; HOW DO I MAKE A COMPLAINT TO CHIC DESIGNS?
20. WHAT ABOUT ALL OF THE USUAL LEGAL TERMS, LIKE DISCLAIMERS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNITIES ETC?
We hope that these Terms are clear for you, we try our best to avoid the legal jargon but some sections have to be included to protect you and to protect us. Please read this section carefully.
20.1. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
This section will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information on the site but makes no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the contents or availability of the site or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website We disclaim liability for, and no warranty, representation, condition or other term is made with respect to, the connectivity and availability of the Services.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. We do not: (i) warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided on the Services, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party other than us. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Services, provided through the Services, or transmitted to or by any Guests or Customer.
We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these terms and conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
20.2. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent on negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the terms and conditions for any:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- special or indirect losses;
- suffered or incurred by that party arising our of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
Our total liability to you in connection with these Terms or the use of the Services shall be limited as to either: (i) the price paid for any goods or services purchased by you as Customer; or (ii) £100 if you are a Guest.
Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our liability for: (i) death or personal injury arising from our proven negligence; or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations made by us. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
We reserve the right, at our own cost, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You agree to provide us with full co-operation if we choose to exercise this right.
You will remain liable if someone else uses your shopping account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
20.4.OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All rights in the designs, intellectual property and information on our Site are owned by us or licensed to us. These are protected, as appropriate, by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. You may only view, reproduce or print the materials on this Website for the purpose of ordering goods from us and as authorised below. The contents of these pages (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials) are the copyright trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our suppliers or content and technology providers or their respective owners. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. The copying, modification, distribution, reproduction, or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on this Website in any form is prohibited.
20.5. LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY SITES
Where any of our sites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You are not permitted to assign, novate or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations under this Agreement to any other person or party. We, however, are entitled to assign, novate, or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights and obligations to any other party without notice to you.
20.8. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
20.9.CLASS ACTION WAIVER
IN ANY DISPUTE, NEITHER YOU NOR ANY OTHER PERSON SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER AFFILIATES OR PERSONS, OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS ACTION OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHTS TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CLAIM.
21. PROMOTIONAL CODES AND DISCOUNT CODES
Promotions cannot be backdated or applied retrospectively to orders already placed.
Discount codes exclude sale items and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
Only one discount or promotional code can be used at a time.
For promotional codes included in publications Ideal home, Living etc, Country House Magazine and Homes & Gardens the discount will only be applied at the checkout once the required code is entered. These offers are valid for one use per customer only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are not redeemable against gift cards or sale items. Offers expire 4 months after the date of publication.
22. GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you enter a competition on www.chicdesigns.co.uk, the following terms and conditions will apply unless otherwise stated in the competition. By entering a competition with www.chicdesigns.co.uk you agree to the following conditions:
- Entries must be received by the date stated in the competition, entries received after this time will not be included
- Entries that are incomplete or do not meet the stated criteria will not be included.
- All entrants to competitions must be willing to take part in any publicity opportunities including agreeing to the use of their name and photography.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for monetary value.
- No cash alternative to the stated prize will be offered.
- No alternative products to the stated prize will be offered.
- Chic Designs Living Ltd reserves the right to cancel competitions or amend the stated rules if required to do so.
- Chic Designs Living Ltd employees, suppliers and third-party employees are not eligible to win competitions hosted by Moot Trading Ltd.
- Information provided for the purposes of entering a competition must be true, accurate and relate to themselves, failure to do so will result in the entry being declared void.
- Competitions are open to UK residents only unless expressly stated in the individual competition terms.
- Winners are selected at random unless otherwise stated and Chic Designs Living Ltd's decisions are final.
- Failure to reply to notification that you have won will result in forfeiting the prize. Winners must claim their prize within 30 days of being notified. If the winner cannot be reached, another winner will be selected in their place.